Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Weather and the Rock

Tomorrow a huge storm is supposed to pommel the area around my house. This would include rain, snow and the dreaded: ice. So far today, the weather people have changed their forcasts 5 times, but we are trying to prepare for the worst. Tomorrow, before D-day, I will buy a fresh gallon of milk and make sure my DVDs, books and games are all ready for possible school closing and bored kids! The last bit of bad weather had us preparing for at the least 2 inches of snow--we got maybe, 3 flakes! I wonder what job qualifications one has to have to tell people what the weather is going to do. A friend of mine, schooled in Arkansas folk stuff, told me once that if the squirrels were fat, it was going to be a bad winter.
For those who aren't familiar with Little Rock, Arkansas, snow and ice are really a bad thing. There are no level, straight streets in this city. Everything is hilly and curvy. When the conditions are bad, this place closes down. In 2000, there was an ice storm and it took months to get things back to normal. Now, everytime winter weather is predicted, the natives panic. All I know is that if the weather does take a turn for the icey worst, I will be staying at home with my husband, kids and some form of entertainment. Popcorn anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment